Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Jesus, Darwin and the REAL

I am tired of seeing those stupid "Darwin-fish" signs!

If a swastika were placed on a bumper of a car with something anti-Semitic that person would be charged with a hate crime.

If an anti-female slogan were placed on a bumper of a car then that person would be dragged into court by some feminist attorney.

BUT, the second a Born-Again Christian states his beliefs publicly he is labelled an "extremist" and silenced by the liberal media.

In contrast, in the United States of America, we enjoy this little freedom called "Freedom of Speech," and so as much as I hate those stupid Darwin-fish signs on the back of car bumpers, I will not seek to limit this freedom of speech. All that I ask is that in trying to safeguard the secularist, anti-Christian right to freedom of speech that the secularist, anti-Christian does not similarly deny my own right to freedom of religious speech concerning the Christian claims of TRUTH.

My fear, however, is that only through law as instituted at the local, state and federal levels will this anti-Christian denial of freedom of religious speech be stopped.

We can say that "Christianity is oppressive," but yet it is the Darwinist who is playing the oppressor.

I am not a Darwinist, nor am I creationist. Darwin's theories are fundamentally flawed on scientific grounds alone! But, in questioning Darwin according to his own lack of evidence to support his theories, I am not a "fundamentalist" either. Scripture is Holy Writing that is TRUTH for all mankind. Through Scripture, subjects such as physics, the natural sciences, etc. all can be interpreted as part of the Natural Law. In fact, I even met a quite Spirit-Filled full-tenured Physics Professor (Catholic) who has taught at the University of Notre Dame for years. Science and religion are not opposed. Darwinism and religion are however!

Blessings in Jesus,
Rob J King, FOR TRUTH in JESUS through the NATURAL LAW

2 comments:

Chad Lupkes said...

I don't think Charles Darwin would have approved of the fish either. He was a devout Christian.

But it's important to realize that the "Darwin Fish" is a joke. Always has been.

Rob J. said...

Chad,

My main beef with Darwin is two-fold:

1) The post hoc fallacy in rational thought, namely that just because certain creatures appear "after" other creatures in a geological record of an area does not rationally NECESSITATE that these creatures have any causal relation to each other!

2) The absence of "links" in the fossil record in which you have "half-species" that would serve as a bridge from one species to another in evolution.

Regarding those bumper stickers, they are so offensive to me as a Christian that I really want to rip them off of every bumper or trunk door of a car or SUV that I see. I do not do this sort of vandalism, however, but if one were to similarly offensive symbols against Jews, the liberal media would have a cow!

So, freedom of speech, but no double standards please.

Blessings in Jesus,
Rob