Thursday, November 1, 2007

Time, space, physics and the HAND of GOD

I am not a scientist. I am a theologian, part-time historian, maverick Republican, and a STRONG PRO-LIFE CATHOLIC in the Spirit-Filled Christian Tradition (e.g. the Spiritual Homilies of Desert Father St. Macarius).

As such, I often speculate about Einstein's view of "time-space" relativity.

Do we really simply limp along from one minute to the next in boring mechanistic Newtonian fashion?

Is "G-D" some arbitrary Divine Clock-Maker who sets the world in motion and then takes His Hand of Protection away from us?

OR, like Einstein sought to prove in Nature, does Space and Time radically impinge on the other? Is the LORD God so sovereignly IN CONTROL of the universe that the atoms of matter from millions of years ago are not through the space-time relativistic continuum impinging on 2007? On 2017? On 2177?

How do we know that our ancestors (especially our ancestors in Jesus Christ, such as my grandpa King) do not effect our lives in 2007 in radical ways? I walk like my father, but somehow also have my son's mannerisms. Is my son part of me or am I part of my son?

Is my uncle really my father's brother or somehow (even through the DNA of a King) also not my father in some real biological sense? We both, afterall, dislike the Boston Red Sox! :-)

So, just a point to ponder.

Jesus Christ is the ALPHA and the OMEGA, the beginning and the end. HIS hand is over ALL of history.

Love in Jesus Christ,
Rob J. King, written in 2007 A.D. ("the year of our LORD")

No comments: