Monday, November 26, 2007

Homecomings . . .

This Saturday (following Thanksgiving) I enjoyed reliving my old high school football "Glory Days" at our Shorecrest Preparatory School's annual alumni flag football game.

Three tackles, no injuries. A successful day for a 36 year old!

What was most appreciated about such a gathering was the commitment to character displayed by the alumni of my high school football program. From Davidson College to Dartmouth University to Rhodes College to Georgetown University, Shorecrest Prep has produced much more than football players, but indeed, true societal leaders!

I was able to meet up with old high school pal Marcos, a two-time alumnus of Georgetown (B.A., J.D.), pal around with a Navy friend who caught the touchdown pass in the first game (we lost in the championship game to the 20 something year old crowd), and most importantly, I was able to catch up with my old high school coach, a man of honor, endurance and success having sent football players to schools ranging from F.S.U. to Davidson College to the Citadel to every school in between!

But, in spite of our loss on the field as a bunch of graying "older alumni," the true battle will now be fought in the U.S. for the hearts and souls of the American people. Protestant, Catholic and Jew represents the finest of Shorecrest Prep, all living harmoniously together and all to the Glory of God!

If you would like to see a former I-AA three year starting Offensive Lineman in the White House, then please send me an e-mail. I just switched over to being a Pro-Life DEMOCRAT (officially mailed in the form). I represent STRONG FAMILY VALUES, a STRONG MILITARY focused on SECURITY, not retribution, and a STRONG PRO-LIFE CATHOLIC CHRISTIAN ETHIC. By the way, I can still chase down and effectively "open field tackle" a bunch of 18 - 25 year old football alumni also . . . ;-)

Love in Jesus Christ,
Rob J. King, unofficial candidate

No comments: