Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Say, are you a Democrat?

I just tried to add Democrat Howard Dean to my list of On-Line "Facebook" friends.

Seeing as how the G.O.P. is not responding very well to its Christian constituency, I figured, why not? Let me just find some good Jimmy Carter Evangelical and Catholic Democrats and then see which way the proverbial 'cookie crumbles.'

I already found one such 'friend' in University of Phoenix alumnus Chad Lupkes, a faithful Father and husband, a true "family values" type guy.

I also have a close friend (big fan of Howard Dean) who is this big Southern Baptist guy who went to Harvard for his master's degree (Duke is better obviously!) and who is similarly 'Democrat through and through . . .'

Finally, my Dad, although fairly apolitical (we are a career military family, but I was a 'dependant' of a military retired man obviously) was nonetheless a life-long Democrat (who similarly eventually voted for Bush over the Christian issues that his Pentecostal preacher made him more aware of . . .).

So, although I definitely view abortion as one of the greatest moral evils to ever exist, my hope and prayer in Jesus Christ's Name is that bit by bit that side of the Democrat family tree will eventually utilize good old rational secular thought and see how the biological details of babies in utero compel us as a People to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Let's pray for the future. From abortion to unjust wars to medicaid to homelessness protection, perhaps the Democrats are ready for good Jimmy Carter fans to return to the political fold.

Blessings in Jesus Christ,
Rob J. King, Christian Politician

No comments: