Saturday, December 1, 2007

Democrat Rob King

Friends, the next 24 days will prove decisive.

If the switch to the Democrat side of the Political spectrum "pays off" (I was, after all, raised as a staunch Jimmy Carter fan from 1976 - 2007 and always will be . . .), then I could very well become the next President of the United States of America.

Consider the 'facts' . . .

At Davidson College, my regular colleagues (sometimes friends even) were literally the sons of Senators. From Senator Strom Thurmond's son, Strom Thurmond Jr. (actually a much nicer man than his Dad!) to Secretary of the Navy's son John Dalton I was surrounded by the political elite. In fact, when I got to Notre Dame to study Ethics & Church History, it was a Davidson grad who befriended me. His name was George Brinkley and he was a professor of Condoleeza Rice when she attended Notre Dame to study Political Science.

At Duke University, again I was blessed by Divine Providence to meet and become a pupil of my Theological Mentors, Dr. Geoffrey Wainwright (a friend of John Paul II) and Dr. Stanley Hauerwas (recently named Time magazine's "Best Theologian in America").

At the University of Notre Dame, I studied Church & State relations, studied at the Law School, researched at the Law School, and then eventually settled into teaching philosophy, critical thinking, religious studies, cultural diversity and Christian ministry.

During 2005, I first began making 'political connections,' first with Bernice King, daughter of M.L. King, Jr. Next, I attended the Leadership Institute (traininge center that produced Karl Rove) and finally attended Chaplain's Officer Basic Course just as George W. Bush and other Presidents have similarly served in either the Reserves or National Guard in order to gain a practical understanding of the U.S. Military (2006 - 2007 is when I attended Political & Military Training).

Currently, I teach and am scheduled to continue teaching Applied Ethics at a state college. In this role, we have examined the thought of Justice Antonin Scalia, have talked endlessly about Constitutional rights and protection of Freedom and the American "way of life," and are set to (in our respective spheres) make a difference in turning this country back around.

But, I am only one man. Like Nelson Mandela, former President of South Africa, I come from a Christian Activist background, and as such I have suffered like Mr. Mandela has for our shared Christian convictions. Due process under law. Equal Rights for ALL citizens. Protection of religious freedom.

So, if you wish to see a good, honest man serve then please begin the process.

Love in Jesus Christ,
Rob King '08 undeclared

No comments: