Monday, October 15, 2007

Domestic Violence, Perjury and the true victims of American Financial Apartheid . . .

As I sit here at the computer I often think of how blessed I am to enjoy many of the privileges of being an American. In Third World countries such computer access is usually not available (at all!) OR confined to "pay as you go" Internet cafes.

But, here in the United States of America, we have a heritage of public philanthropy. In most states that I have travelled through all I have to do is show my driver's license and I can log onto any public library computer.

But, in spite of such benevolent regard for public property, our nation is slipping further and further into a type of 'caste' system similar to India. If you have money, you can hire attorneys and make the judicial system do what you want it to do.

In steps the issue of domestic violence.

Domestic violence, sadly, is on the rise in the United States. Men hitting their wives and wives sometimes even murdering their husbands.

But in the effort to counter domestic violence, sadly those who have claimed violence where none has occurred have done a great injustice to all Americans. For any man or woman who has perjured in court (to get even, to gain custody) all society has suffered.

This problem is so pervasive that sheriffs are looking the other way and simply trying to contain the mess that our society has become. I recently was speaking with a plain clothes police officer who shared how a major brawl happened between two rival gangs, and after the gang-related mayhem was over, no one was arrested because everyone refused to press charges.

So, there we have it. Women beaten senseless by their husbands while perjury is causing the judicial system to look the other way. Sadly, the problem is not with either 'women' or 'men' but with lying to gain what one wants, harboring ill will, and then using the courts to try to gain money, children, etc.

Love in Jesus,
Rob J. King, Father

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pastor J wrote: Oh the judicial system; how sweet it is, when it works for you. Before being called to be a man of God and serving in a church, I wanted to be an attorney. I obtained a criminal law degree from a small university in VA. Shortly after graduation I received my calling and to become a pastor. I struggled with the decision of my calling. I kept thinking of all the money that I would miss on. I knew that once an attorney, I could take people to court and represent them for the right amount of money. Although, probably I would have had plenty of money to live a comfortable life, I don't believe (I know) that I would have obtained the blessings that God has given me. The transition was not easy for the enemy kept messing with me, but ultimately I became a man who God wanted me to be.

Looking back, if I had not changed my life, as a criminal defender I would have defended anyone as long as they paid me. Yes, I am talking anyone, spousal abuse offenders, gang members, rapist, whatever the case may be, but that was due to lack of Godly integrity. Now, I want to see those criminals behind bars for good.

Rob J. said...

Pastor J,

You and I are of the same mind that is the LOGOS Who IS JESUS CHRIST!

I too wanted to be a lawyer and even almost applied for the joint MDiv-JD program at Emory University. Funny how EVEN Bernice King, daughter of ML King, Jr. who DID get a joint JD-MDiv is now PASTORING!

So, do we end up selling our souls for money OR do we help problem teenagers for eternal crowns in heaven that will not perish!

Love in Jesus,
Rob