Tuesday, October 2, 2007

50%/50% OR secular male back-lash!

This just in . . . Britney Spears that former Mousekeeter turned sex-pot turned drunken, drug abusing mommy just lost custody of her kids (http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=277813&GT1=7702&silentchk=1&). Spears, I actually feel quite sorry for. I also feel extreme sympathy for her children, Sean and Jayden.

But, if mommy is breaking the law through drug use, then yes, she should not be the person in control of her children's future, the father should be.

Under normal circumstances, I favor the 50%/50% shared custody (shared legal and shared physical custody) of children in divorce cases, along with some sort of 'waiting period' (one year of legal separation?) to even file for a divorce!

But, if there is something like hard-core drug use going on, then yes, that 50%/50% ideal should be altered.

Unfortunately, I do think that since feminist ideology has for so long dominated our legal system (granting custody to the mother automatically and then enslaving the poor father in child support payments), there is a likely back-lash that will happen on the part of secular men who for too long have been beat up by the judicial system. Sorry, but men are fed up and will likely begin striking back hard in court.

For me, as a Christian, however, I hold the egalitarian principle of "all are one in Jesus Christ" to inform and guide my Thought and Practice. As much as I too have been a victim of feminist ideology, I still hold that EQUAL RIGHTS are what should happen, not 'special rights.' This of course will not happen as women will continue to abuse the system only to have judge after judge (many female judges also!) seeing through the smoke and then awarding sole legal and physical custody to the father. What do you expect Britney? You kiss Madonna on the lips during the Mtv music awards, you do drugs and you shave your head neo-nazi style and expect to keep the kids?

Well, as for me, I will continue to seek the Ideal of Justice. 50%/50%. Equal Rights, not 'special rights.'

Love in Jesus Christ,
Rob J. King, Father who lost custody to feminist ideology

No comments: