Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Politics of God

Just for 'fun' I actually asked the Pope to be my Facebook "friend." After all, I am a staunch Opus Dei-supporting Catholic who believes (Acts 4:12) that ONLY in Jesus Christ are people saved.

I also believe that abortion is murder, that homosexual activity is a sinful sign of a distorted 'creature-worship.' Finally, I do believe that institutionally, although flawed in its historical fidelity, the Catholic Church nonetheless represents the true version of the Gospel. Yes there were the Crusades. Yes, there was the Spanish Inquisition. But, nonetheless the Catholic Church represents what is UNIVERSAL among Christian belief and practice (e.g. even Pentecostalism is an expression of Catholic theological self-identity!).

Well, in being On-Line Friends with the Vicar of Christ here on earth (i.e. Benedict XVI!), I was pleasantly surprised to see the Pope's own unique sense of humor. Although I have a somewhat awkward designation of my political affiliation of 'liberal/moderate economic, yet PRO-LIFE view,' the Pope just simply wrote, "God!"

Huh?

God

Well, I guess that makes sense!

God is the politics of the Pope . . .

Well, what do the politics of God look like? Yes, they would include the fullness of Catholic teaching, to include Catholic prohibition of artificial insemination, opposition to secularism, etc. BUT, the fullness of Catholic teaching also includes safeguarding the poor, the worker, the disadvantaged economically!

Huh?

Well, I guess I will VOTE GOD!

For a new, radical introduction to Jesus Christ, please see me, our supreme Pontiff, oh yeah, and the Dean of Duke University's DIVINITY SCHOOL!!!

PEACEINJESUSCHRIST<><ROBJKINGhttp://it.spcollege.edu/course_info/inquiry.cfm?number=1162

No comments: